Some of the Important Announcements of the Government
during Novmber, 2007
1. New Paragraph 4.30A is added in the HBP vide Public Notice No. 79 (RE-2007)/2004-2009 dated 5thNovember, 2007which specifies the submission of documents forconsideration of cases against lost EP Copy of the Shipping Bills and/or Bank Realisation Certificate
2. Permanent IEC number 0100000142 and 0100000151 have been allotted to Ordnance factory under the Ordnance Factories Organization and The Directorate of Purchase and Stores, Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India respectively vide Public Notice No.81 & 85 (RE-2007)/2004-2009 dated 15thNovember, 2007 and 27thNovember, 2007.
3. Public Notice No.82(RE-2007)/2004-09 dated 16thNovember, 2007 announces the All Industry Rate of Drawback @ Rs.1160 per M.T for both HSD and Furnace Oil, supplied by Domestic Oil Companies under various Schemes as contained in Chapter 4, 6 and 8 of the Foreign Trade Policy is effective from 1.4.2007 and until further order vide
4. Public Notice No.83(RE-2007)/2004-09 & No.87(RE-2007)/ 2004-2009 dated 21stNovember, 2007 and dated 29thNovember, 2007 make amendments in respect of addresses of Indian Society of Agribusiness Professionals and Delhi Chamber of Commerce in the list of Agencies authorised to issue Certificate of Origin Non-Preferential (Appendix 4-C under Delhi Sl. No.12 & 11)
5. DEPB Rates for Brass Cages for Ball and Roller Bearings and Pressed Taper Roller Bearing cages under Product Group Engineering have been reduced vide Public Notice No. 86(RE-2007)/2004-09 dated 28thNovember, 2007.
This Public Notice also notifies the amendments in the Book titled “Schedule of DEPB Rates” in respect of description of export products under Product Group Food against entries Nos. 1 & 2 ( Bulk Tea/Tea bags/Tea in consumer pack/Tea packed in OTS Cans & Chicory/Coffee.
6. Prohibition imposed on export of Pulses shall not be applicable to export of 178.70 tonnes to Nepal by MMTC as per Notification No. 47 (RE-2007)/2004-09 dated 12thNovember, 2007.
7. Notification No.49 (RE-2007)/2004-2009 dated 14thNovember, 2007 clarifies availability of exemption from excise duty on DFIA in case where CENVAT facility has not been availed.
8. Notification No.51(RE-2007)/2004-09 dated 14thNovember, has lifted restriction on export of Onion (all varieties) through STEs.
9. Notification No.53(RE-2007)/2004-09 dated 21st November, 2007 amends the Appendix III to Schedule I (imports) ITC (HS) related to products applicable BIS Standards.
10. Supply of LPG produced in an EOU refinery for being supplied to household domestic consumers at subsidized prices under PDS will be counted for fulfillment of positive NFE as per Notification No.55(RE-2007)/2004-2009 dated 21st November, 2007.
11. Restriction is imposed on export of Groundnuts and their products to Russian Federation by amending entry at Sl. No. 48 in Chapter 12 under Schedule 2 of ITC (HS) vide Notification No.57 (RE-2007)/2004-09 dated 21stNovember, 2007.
12. Prohibition imposed on export of Non-Bastmati Rice shall not be applicable to export of 1000 MT rice to Republic of Mauritius through STC as per Notification No.58 (RE-2007)/2004-2009 dated 26th November, 2007.
13. Notification No.59(RE-2007)/2004-09 dated 30thNovember, 2007 amends the Appendix II to Schedule I (imports) ITC (HS) related to Import of Chemicals, etc.
14. Policy Circular No.19(RE-2007)/2004-2009 dated 5thNovember, 2007 clarifies applicability of Public Notice No. 36 in respect of pending claims for TED refunds as per amended Para 8.3.1(iii) of HBP Volume 1.
Click herefor the details of allDGFT Public Notices/Notifications