Some of the Important Announcements of the Government
during the month of March ,2009
1. Castor oil and its fraction â€“ other than edible grade; Other hydrogenated castor oil (opl wax) ; Castor oil dehydrated â€“ other than edible grade covered under specified ITC HS codes are included in the list of New VKGUY products -Appendix 37A, Table 14 (VKGUY Product Codes 14.5 to 14.8) for benefit under VKGUY videPublic Notice No.153(RE-2008)/2004-09 dated 2nd March, 2009.
2. All Marine Products covered under the VKGUY product Codes 10.30, 10.37 and 10.38 are included in the Appendix 37A (Table 13 â€“ Flower, Fruit, Vegetables & other Products) for additional benefitover and above the normal VKUY entitlement, videPublic Notice No. 154 (RE-2008)/2004-09 dated 2nd March, 2003.
3. Slabs Marble & Travertine, etc. are included in the List of High Value Added Manufactured Goods (FPS product Code No. from 9.8 to 9.12)under Table 9 of Appendix 37D,vide Public Notice No.155(RE-2008)/2004-09 dated 2nd March, 2009.
4. List of Market Linked Focus Products (MLFPS) â€“ Special Products/Sectors under Table 14-N of Appendix 37Dis notified vide Public Notice No.156(RE-2008)/2004-09 dated 2nd March, 2009.
5. Public Notice No.157 (RE-2008)/2004-09 dated 2nd March, 2009 notifies the revised Procedure for import of Vegetable Fats (Vanaspati Ghee) under India-Nepal Trade Treaty 2002.
6. Public Notice No.158 (RE-2008)/2004-09 dated 2nd March, 2009 revalidate the DFIAsissued during 1.5.2006 till 31.3.2007for a period of 6 months from the date of endorsement subject to some notified conditions.
7. Public Notice No.159(RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 5th March, 2009 allocatesquantity of 2500 MTsof white Sugar for export of ACP India Sugar quota to European Union for the period July, 2009 to September, 2009, to be delivered before 30th September, 2009.
8. Export obligation period is extended upto 31.12.2009 vide Public Notice No.160(RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 6th March, 2009 without payment of composition fee for advance authorisation (erstwhile licences), where raw sugar has been imported between 21.9.2004and 15.4.2009.
9. Public Notice No.161(RE-2009)/2004-09 dated 19th March, 2009 and Public Notice No. 168(RE:2008)2004-2009 dated 31st March, 2009 notify Amendments/Addition in the Input Output Norms in respect of product groups â€“ Chemical & Allied Products andPlastic Products.
10. Policy relating to Waiver of EOdue to force majeure or other unforeseen circumstances/reasons has been deleted vide Public Notice No.162(RE-2009)/2004-09 dated 23rd March, 2009.
11. Public Notice No.163(RE-2009)/2004-09 dated 23rd March, 2009 amends the Para 2.32.2 of HBP relating to import of metallic waste & scrap in shredded form.
12. Public Notice No.164(RE-2009)/2004-09 dated 25th March,2009 makes amendment in Para 5.4 of HBP regarding conversion of EOU in DTA.
13. Handmade Products only will be eligible for VKGUY benefits as clarified vide Public Notice No.165(RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 27th March, 2009.
14. Name of Indian Oilseeds & Produce Exporters Assocation EPC (IOPEA) is replacedwith Indian Oilseeds and Produce Export Promotion Council by amendingAppendix 2 (list of Export Promotion Councils/Commodity Boards vide Public Notice No.166 (RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 30th March, 2009.
15. New Para No.2.20A is added in HBP relating to Execution of Bank Guarantee/Legal Undertaking for DEPB/Freely transferable schemes under Chapter 3, vide Public Notice No.167(RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 30th March, 2009.
16. Notification No.90/(RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 2nd March, 2009 makes amendments in Import Licensing Notesunder Chapter 25& Chapter 68, Schedule I (Imports) to the ITC (HS) Classification of Export and Import Items, 2004-2009.
17. Import of Toys from China accompanied by specifiedcertificates shall be permitted as per Notification No.91/(RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 2nd March, 2009.
18. Notification No.92(RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 2nd March, 2009 allow 2% duty credit under MLFPS to specified RMG when exported to specified markets.
19. Import Licensing Notes are added under Chapter 25 and Chapter 68Schedule 1 (Imports) to the ITC (HS) Classification of export and import Items, 2004-2009 vide Notification No.93/(RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 2nd March, 2009.
20. Notification No.94/(RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 2nd March, 2009 notifies Amendments in the Schedule 1 (Imports) to the ITC (HS) Classification of export and import Items, 2004-2009
21. Applications for conversion into an EOU/EHTP/STP/BTP unit from existing DTA units, having an investment of Rs. 50 crores and above in plant and machinery or exporting Rs. 50 crores and above annually, shall be placed before BoA for a decision vide Notification No.95/(RE-2008)/ 2004-2009 dated 2nd March, 2009.
22. The eligibility criteriato carry out purchase/sale of rough or cut and polished diamonds, etc.through Diamond & Jewellery Dollar Account has been brought down from 3 years to two years (track record) andannual average turnover from Rs. 5 crores to Rs.3 crores vide Notification No.96(RE-2008)/2004-09dated 13th March, 2009.
23. Policy for Import of Antique of an age exceeding hundred years, antiquarian books is free vide Notification No.97 (RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 17th March, 2009 subject to the condition that importer must abide by the rules/laws relating to export of such item, of the country from where imports are sought to be made.
24. The Ban imposed by Notification No.85 dated 17.3.3009 on all edible oil extended upto 16.3.2010 vide Notification No.98(RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 17th March, 2009.
25. The Period of prohibition on exports of Pulses (except Kabuli Chana) shall be extended upto 31.3.2010 vide Notification No.99(RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 27th March, 2009.
26.Policy Circular No.67(RE-08)/2004-09 dated 2nd March, 2009 issue Guidelines for import of Rough Marble Blocks and Slabs for the year 2008-09.
27. Policy Circular No.68(RE-08)/2004-09 dated 2nd March, 2009issue Guidelines for import of Rough Blocks and Slabs of agglomerated / artificial stones for the year 2008-09.
28. Policy Circular No.70(RE-08)/2004-09 dated 16th March, 2009 issue clarification regarding Import of restricted item(s) against transferred DFIA.
29. Policy Circular No.71(RE-08)/2004-09 dated 18th March, 2009 issue guidelines for issuance of Freely Transferable â€śSupplementaryâ€ť Duty Credit Scrip under Chapter 3 Schemes.
30. Policy Circular No.72(RE-08)/2004-09 dated 24th March, 2009 issue clarification regarding importability of alternative inputs allowed as per SION under DFIA Scheme.
31. Policy Circular No.74RE-08)/2004-09 dated 25th/26thMarch, 2009 issue guidelines for import of Marble by EOUs.
32. Policy Circular No.75(RE-08)/2004-09 dated 24th March, 2009 issue clarification regarding claiming of Deemed export benefits under Para 8.2(b) of FTP.
33. Policy Circular No.76(RE-08)/2004-09 dated 30th March, 2009 issue guidelines for execution of BG/LUT with Regional Authorities for filing application under DEPB Scheme and Incentive schemes of Chapter 3 of FTP without the requirement of Bank Realisation certificate.
34. Policy Circular No.77(RE-08)/2004-09 dated 31st March, 2009 issue guidelines for import of Precious Metal by the Nominated agencies.