Some of the Important Announcements of the Government
during the month of May2009
1. Public Notice No.179 (RE-20089)/2004-09 dated 4th May, 2009 and Public Notice No.180 (RE-2009)/2004-09 dated 14th May, 2009 notify Amendments/Addition in the Input Output Norms in respect of export product Group Chemical & Allied Products and Textiles, Readymade Garments, Hosiery and Knitwear.
2. Public Notice No.181(RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 26th May, 2009 adds Sub Para at the end of Para 8.3.1(iii) of HBP notifying procedure for refund of Terminal Excise Duty for supply of High Speed Diesel/Furnace Oil from Depots of domestic oil Public Sector Undertakings under Para 8.2(b) of FTP and format of Certificate to be issued by Public Sector Oil Companies certifying TED paid by EOUs on purchase of HSD/FO from their depots.
3. DEPB rate for the item "Cotton Yarn including Melange Yarn" appearing at Sl.No.78 of the Product Group Textile(Product Code 89) corrected to read as 7.67% instead of 3.67 vide Corrigendum to Public Notice No.102 dated05.11.2008issued on 29.5.2009.
4. Ban on export of Non-basmati rice shall not be applicable to export of specified quantity to specified countries through Public Sector Undertakings like MMTC, STC and PEC as per Notification No.104 (RE-2008)/2004-2009 dated 6th May, 2009.
5. Export of Non-Bastmati Rice Quota for Nigeria, Senegal, etc. through STC extended till 30.7.2009 vide Notification No.105 (RE 2008)/2004-2009 dated 8th May, 2009.
6. Charges for issuance of NOC regarding export of onion by the designated STEs to the Associates shippers will be at a uniform rate of 1% of the invoice value of export as per Notification No.106 (RE 2008)/2004-2009 dated 14th May, 2009.
7. Policy Circular No.86(RE-08)/2004-09 dated 4th May, 2009 issue clarification regarding applicability of 36 months export obligation period (EOP) under Duty Free Import Authorisation (DFIA) Scheme.
8. Policy Circular No.87(RE-08)/2004-09 dated 4th May, 2009 is aboutreintroduction of the System of export Release Order w.e.f. 1.1.2009 for export of Sugar under OGL.
9. Policy Circular No.88 (RE-08)/2004-09 dated 6th May, 2009 issue clarifications regarding Import of waste paper.
10. Policy Circular No.89 (RE-08)/2004-09 dated 15th May, 2009 issue clarification regarding conditions of nexus with product exported of permitted imported items automatically endorsed on duty credit scrip issued under DFCE for status holders scheme of Exim Policy (RE-2003)
11. Policy Circular No.90(RE-08)/2004-09 dated 15th May, 2009 clarify that Duty Credit Scrips issued under Target Plus Scheme are permitted only when nexus with exported products is clearly established.
12. Policy Circular No.91 (RE-08)/2004-09 dated 21st May, 2009 issues clarifications/instructions relating to "Error 96" cases and their on line validation under DEPB Scheme.