Some Important Announcement of the Government during the month of March 2010
1. Flexibility has been allowed for Import of any alternative silk item from the permissible inputs of SION by Public Notice No. 47/2009-2014 dated 4th March, 2010.
2. Import/export of specified items will be allowed freely by the residents of border districts of Indo-China who as issued trade passes as per Public Notice No. 48/2009-2014 dated 5th March, 2010.
3. Public Notice No. 49/2009-2014 dated 18th March 2010 makes amendments in procedures/quantity of skimmed and whole milk powder, milk food for babies etc. and white butter, butter oil, anhydrous milk fat maize (corn); other; Crude sunflower seed or safflower oil or fractions thereof and refined rap, cloza or mustard oil for import under the Tariff Rate Quota Scheme.
4. A New Aayat Niryat Form 2EE (ANF 2EE) is notified vide Public Notice No.50/2009-2014 dated 29th March, 2010.
5. For import of rough marble, port of registration as indicated in application is mandatory as per Public Notice No.51/2009-14 dated 30th March, 2010.
6. Various Electronics goods, LPG Cylinders, Copper Cathodes, Bicycle Mirrors and Dynamo Lighting Sets, Chitin, etc. are added under New Market Linked Focus Products Scheme (Appendix 37D, Table 6 for specified countries vide Public Notice No.52/2009-14 dated 31st March, 2010.
7. Apparels (Readymade Garments)are added under New Market Linked Focus Products Scheme (Appendix 37D, Table 6 for USA and EU (27 countries) vide Public Notice No.53/2009-14 dated 31st March, 2010.
8. Ban on export of Rice (Poonni Samba) 20,000 MTs to Sri Lanka through PEC and Non-basmati rice 25,000 MTs to Nepal through MMTC shall not be applicable as per Notification No.33/2009-14 dated 3rd March, 2010.
9. Prohibition on export of Pulses shall not applicable to export of 60 MTs of pulses (Dal) to the Republic of Maldives as per Notification No.34/2009-14 dated 30thMarch, 2010.
10. Notification No.36/2009-14 dated 31stMarch, 2010 makes amendments in Policy for issue of importlicences of Rough Marble Blocks for the Financial year 2010-11.
11. As per Policy Circular No.27/2009-2014 dated 25th March, 2010 Foreign Exchange in cash from foreign consumers in India, would be entitled to count towards export obligation of EPCG and shall also be entitled for SFIS Scheme.
12. Basmati Export Development Foundation (BEDF), Modipuram is designated as an authorized centre for testing of samples of basmati rice for variety identification as per Policy Circular No.28/2009-2014 dated 31st March, 2010.
13. Policy Circular No.29/2009-2014 dated 31st March, 2010 invites applications for Import licences for Rough Marble Blocks for the financial year 2010-2011.