Some of the Important Announcements made by the CBEC,
Government of India during February, 2009
1. Export Duty on Basmati Rice is withdrawn vide Notification No.10/2009-Customs dated 2nd February, 2009.
2. Notification No. 11/2009-Customs dated 3rd February, 2009 reduces the Customs Duty on certain Zinc/Copper.
3. Notification No.14/2009-Customs dated 19th February, 2009 exempts goods when imported into India against a duty credit scrip issued under the Hi-tech Product Exprot Promotion Scheme.
4. Notification No.15/2009-Customs dated 19th February, 2009 amend various export promotion notifications to permit utilization of scrips issued under reward schemes for the import of restricted items.
5. For inclusion of Krishnapatanam Port under Port of Registration Notification No.19/2009-Customs dated 24th February, 2009.
6. Notification No.20/2009-Customs dated 24th February, 2009 lowered customs duty on specified goods.
7. Circular No.5/2009-Customs dated 2ND February, 2009relating to Systems Alert for Monitoring Realization of Export Proceeds in EDI.
8. Circular No.6/2009-Customs dated 9th February, 2009clarifies the procedure to be adopted for refund of 4% Special Additional Duty of Customs having paid through VKGUY, FPS and FMS.
9. Circular No.7/2009-Customs dated 9th February, 2009issue clarification on admissibility of benefit of exemption in respect of `Virgin Olive Oil.
10. Circular No.8/2009-Customs dated 16th February, 2009issue clarification on applicability of notification No.41/2005-Cus. to the goods imported against the credit scrips issued under Para 3.8.6 of Foreign Trade Policy 2008-09 under VKGUY Scheme.
11. Circular No.10/2009-Customs dated 25th February, 2009issues clarification relating to Certification of invoices for supply of goods from DTA to EOUs for claiming deemed export benefits.
12.Circular No.11/2009-Customs dated 25th February, 2009relates to Duty Free Import Authorisation (DFIA) Scheme â€“ availment of facility under Rule 18 or sub-rule (2) of rule 19 of the Central Excise Rules, 2002 or Cenvat credit under Cenvat Credit Rules 2004 under Notification No.40/06-Cus dated 1.5.2006.
13.Hassan (Karnataka) is appointed as Portfor unloading of imported goods and loading of export goods by Notification No.23/2009-Customs (NT) dated 27th February, 2009.
14.General Rate of Central Excise Duty reduced from 10% to 8% vide Notification NO.04/2009-CE dated 24.2.2009.
15.Circular No.883/3/2009-CXdated 26th February, 2009 relates to Levy of Cess on sugar manufactured out of Cess paid raw material/input/.