Some Important Announcments made by the CBEC, Government of India during the month of March 2009
1.Notification No.22/2009-Customs dated 2nd March, 2009 makes amendments in Notification No.93/2004-Cus & NotificationNO.94/2004-Cus to relax actual user condition in respect of Authorisation issued for import of raw sugar
2. Malawi is replaced by Burkina Fasoand Republic of the Gambia is added for Duty concession on import of specified goods from thespecifiedleast developed countries videNotification No.24/2009-Customs dated 20th March, 2009.
3. Notification No.24/2009-Customs (NT) dated 3rd March, 2009 amends Notification No.208/1977-Cus. (NT) dated1.10.1977 by which exports to Nepal/Bhutan made in specified currency will be eligible for the export benefits.
4. Notification No.26/2009-Customs (NT) dated 17th March, 2009 notifies Handling of Cargo in Customs Areas Regulation 2009
5. Circular No.12/2009-Customs dated 12th March, 2009issue clarification on levy of National Calamity Contingent Duty (NCCD) on Cellular/Mobile Phones on the basis of MRP/Retail Sale Price.
6. Circular No.13/2009-Customs dated 23rd March, 2009 describe the salient features of Regulation of Handling of Cargo in Customs Areas.
7. Notification No.5/2009-CE (NT) makes amendment in Pan Masala Packing Machines (Capacity Determination and Collection of Duty) Amendment Rules, 2009.
8. Thiruvallur district in the State of Tamilnaduis added for export warehousing extension of facility.