Some of the Important Announcements made by the CBEC during the month of November 2009
1. Notification No.123/2009-Customs dated 11th November, 2009 addedmore ports for the purpose of import/export in the notifications issued under the Export Promotion Schemes.
2. Notification No.125/2009-Customs dated 11th November 2009 extend the date of exemption of Customs Duty on Raw Sugar from 1.4.2010 to 1.1.2011.
3. Notification No.126/2009-Customs dated 27th November, 2009extend the date of exemption of Customs Duty on Refined or White Sugar from 30.11.2009 to 31.3.2010.
4. Notification No.175/2009-Customs (NT) dated 27th November, 2009 makes amendments/ additions in Chapters 64, 70, 71, 83, 84 and 95 of Drawback Schedule.
5. Circular No. 31/2009-Customs dated the 24th November, 2009 issue clarification regarding withdrawn of setting up Private/Public bonded warehouse for diamonds and gemstones for import and re-export.
6. Circular No.32/2009-Cus dated 25th November, 2009 clarify`nil’ Bank Guarantee for Status Holders under specified Export Promotion Schemes - Modifications in Circular No.17/09-Cus dated 25.05.09.
7. Circular No.33/2009-Cus dated 27th November, 2009 issue clarification relating to introduction of new entries in the Drawback Schedule vide Notification No.175/2009-Customs (NT) dated 27th November, 2009.