Some of the Important Announcements made by the CBEC during the month of September 2010
Department of Revenue
1. Myanmar is added in the list of exemption to import of specified goods imported into India under ASEAN videNotification No.87/2010 dated 1st September, 2010.Other countries are Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand &Vietnam.
2. Notification No.88/2010-Customs, 89/2010-Customs both dated 1st September, 2010 and Notification No.91/2010-Customs dated 6th September, 2010 are issued to implement reduction of import duty on raw hides & skin and embellishment to polyester made-ups and handloom made-ups as per changes in FTP.
3. Notification No.90/Customs dated 1.9.2010 refer the changes in FTP regarding SFIS, Agri-Infrastructure Incentive Scrip and Advance Authorisation Scheme.
4. Notification No. 92/2010-Customs dated 10th September, 2010 refer to new Annual EPCG Scheme, changes in Zero Duty EPCG & SHIS Schemes and applicability of benefits under Zero Duty EPCG & SHIS Schemes as announced in Foreign Trade Policy 2010-11.
5. Notification No. 93/2010-Customs dated 14th September, 2010 refers regarding addition of Ports under Ports of Registration in HBP 2010-11.
6 Notification No.97 is issued to allow more items duty free for Gem & Jewellery Scheme as per FTP 2010-2011.
7 Dhamra Port in the State of Orissa isappointed to be a Coastal Port for carrying on of trade in coking coal, thermal coal and limestone vide Notification No.79/2010-Customs (NT) dated 6th September, 2010.
8. Notification No.84/2010-Customs (NT) dated 20th September, 2010 announces the revised All Industry Rates of Duty Drawback for 2010-11.
9. The Republic of Indonesia is included as a member in Customs Tariff (Determination of Origin of Goods under the Preferential Trade Agreement) between the Government of Member States of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and the Republic of India Rules 2010 vide Notification No.87/2010-Customs (NT) dated 30th September, 2010.
10. Circular No.33/2010-Customs dated 7th September, 2010 notifies salient feature of Courier Regulations for the manual and the electronic mode.
11. Circular No.34/2010-Customs dated 15th September, 2010 clarifies applicability of refund of 4% Additional Duty of Customs (4% Special CVD) to manufacturers in textile sector.
12. Customs Circular No.35/2010-Customs dated 17th September, 2010 issues guidelines for implementation of the revised All Industry Rates of Duty Drawback for 2010-11.
13. Customs Circular No.36/2010-Customs dated 23rd September, 2010 issues directions for Conversion of free shipping bills to Export Promotion Schemes shipping bills and conversion of shipping bills from one scheme to another.
14. Circular No.37/2010-Customs, dated 24th September, 2010 issue guidelines/instructions relating to illegal use of Satellite Phones in India.
15. Circular No.38/2010-Customs dated 27th September, 2010 speaks about salient features of the changes/amendments in the Annual Supplement to the Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) 2009-2014 (RE-2010).