1. Notification No. 1/2011-Customs dated 06th January, 2011 exempts from Customs duties on all items of machinery/apparatus and appliances/equipments/ components required for initial setting up of a Solar Power Generation Project or Facility.
2. Notification No. 2/2011-Customs dated 8th January, 2011 exempts from Custom duties Raw Sugar, Refined or White Sugar and Raw Sugar if imported by a Bulk Consumer with specified conditions.
3. Country Lao Peopleâ€™s Democratic Republic is included in the Schedule of import from Least Countries under Duty Free Tariff Reference Scheme for LDC vide Notification NO. 3/2011-Customs dated 24th January, 2011.
4. Circular No. 01/2011-Customs dated 4th January, 2011 prescribes guidelines for provisional release of export goods detained for investigation.
5. Circular No. 02/2011-Customs dated 4th January, 2011 â€“ gives clarification regarding classification of Polyester Bonded Fabrics and other Bonded Fabrics.
6. Circular No. 03/2011-Customs dated 06th January, 2011 prescribe modified procedures for import of edible/food products
7. Circular No. 04/2011-Customs dated 4th January, 2011 issues guidelines on Handling of Cargo in Customs Areas Regulation 2009 on the basis of Parliamentary Committee recommendations.
8. Circular No. 06/2011-Customs dated 18thJanuary, 2011 â€“ discuss about the Norms for execution of Bank Guarantee in respect of Advance Authorization, DFIA and EPCG Schemes.
9. Circular No. 8/2011-Customs dated 28th January, 2011 simplify the procedures regarding transfer/transshipment of cargo.
10.Customs Instruction dated 18th January, 2011 has been issued regarding monitoring export realization against shipment made under the drawback scheme.
11.Customs instruction dated 19th January, 2011 have been issued regarding need for detailed verification mechanism of scrips issued under Reward Schemes and Monitoring of Export Obligations in respect of Advance Authorization/DFIA/EPCSs schemes.