Some Important Announcement of the Government during the month of November,2011
1. Notification No. 99/2011-Customs dated 09th November, 2011 notify Customs duty exemption to least developed countries amongst the SAARC Countries.
2. Notification No. 100/2011-Customs dated 14th November, 2011 notify the levy of anti dumping duty on the imports of Compact Discs-Recordable (CD-Rs)originating in/or exported from China PR, Hong Kong, Singapore and Chinese Taipei for the further period of one year.
3. Notification No. 101/2011-Customs dated 17th November, 2011 amends notification No. 21/2002-Customs dated 1.3.2002, thereby removing the actual user condition and restricting the exemption of LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) TV panels of 20 inches and above.
4. Notification No. 102/2011-Customs dated 18th November, 2011 amends the Notification No.39/96-Customs dated 23rd July 1996 that the Ministry of Defence is exempted from the custom duty for the goods imported for the use in MR-SAM project.
5. Notification No. 103/2011-Customs dated 23rd November, 2011notify anti dumping duty on import of Opal Glassware from People Republic of China and UAE.
6. Notification No. 104/2011-Customs dated 25th November, 2011 notify anti dumping duty on import ofHot Rolled Flat Product of Stainless Steel exported from European Union, Korea PR,South Africa, Taiwan and USA.
7. Notification No. 77/2011-Customs (NT) dated 14th November, 2011 amends the existing baggage Rules by extending the benefit to passengers coming from Bhutan and Nepal also.
8. Notification No. 78/2011-Customs (NT) dated 15th November, 2011 notify Tariff value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others â€“ Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others- Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (all grades) & Poppy seeds.
9 .Notification No. 79/2011-Customs (N.T.) dated 25th November, 2011 notify the Bill of Entry (Electronic Declaration) Regulations, 2011.
10.Notification No. 80/2011-Customs (N.T.) dated25th November, 2011 notify the Shipping Bill of Entry (Electronic Declaration) Regulations, 2011.
11.Notification No. 81/2011-Customs (N.T.) dated 25th November, 2011 notify Customs (Provisional Duty Assessment) Regulation 2011.
12.Notification No. 82/2011-Customs (N.T.) dated 28th November, 2011 notify Rate of exchange of one unit of foreign currency equivalent to Indian rupees with effect from 1st December, 2011.
13.Notification No. 83/2011-Customs (N.T.) dated 29th November, 2011 makes appointment of Common Adjudicating Authority.
14.Notification No. 84/2011-Customs (N.T.) dated 29th November, 2011 amends Notification No. 87/98-Customs(N.T.) dated the 9th November, 1998thereby amending Courier Imports and Exports (Clearance) Regulations, 1998.
15.Notification No. 85/2011-Customs (N.T.) dated 30th November, 2011 notify Tariff value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others â€“ Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others- Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (all grades) & Poppy seeds.
16.Circular No. 49/2011-Customs dated 04th November, 2011 notify the eligibility of assessment of construction equipments under Project Imports Regulations (PIR), 1986.
17.CBEC has issued classification on clearance of goods from Bonded warehouses utilizing duty credit Scrips of SFIS, VKGUY, FMS, FPS, and SHIS etc. as per Circular No. 50/2011-Customs dated 9th November, 2011.
18.Circular No. 51/2011-Customs dated 11th November, 2011 Clarify location of Foreign Exchange Counters allocated at International Airports.
19.Circular No. 52/2011-Customs dated 11th November, 2011 clarified by the Ministry of Finance that TV tuners, both internal and external are more appropriately classifiable in Harmonised Customs Tariff in Tariff Item No. 85287100.