Director General & CEO
FIEO/Services/ 32 /2013
24th February 2014
Golden Opportunity for Business for Healthcare in Oman
FIEO Participation in 4th Oman Health Exhibition, Oman (September 9-11, 2014)
We are pleased to inform that to promote the healthcare sector FIEO is participating in the 4th Edition of Oman Health exhibition scheduled in September 2013 at Muscat. The participation by FIEO in the 3rd Edition provided valuable inputs and business to the participating companies.
The exhibition is supported by Oman Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Oman Medical Association, Oman Heart Association, and other important medical institutions. There will also be country pavilions of UAE, Jordon, Egypt, Germany, Italy and Turkey Please see more details at www.omanexpo.com .
It may be of interest to note that the health care sector in Oman is expected to be worth US$ 2 billion by 2015 and there are a large number of projects in progress in Oman, which offer good business opportunity to Indian companies. Health spending by the Oman Government is set to increase by 84%--from US$1.3 billion in the Seventh Five-Year Plan—to US$6.47 billion in the Eighth Five-Year Plan, with the increase attributed chiefly to the improvement of existing facilities and the setting up of several new hospitals. The large concentration of NRIs in Oman provides added avenues for Indian health sector for Medical tourism too.
Venue: Oman International Exhibition Centre, Muscat
This is a UFI approved event covering all aspects of health industry including the following exhibit categories:
Hospital& Medical Infrastructure
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Medical Technology
- Surgical Products and Services
- Lab Equipment, Instruments, Lab wares
- Emergency Management Solutions
- Healthcare Information and Communication Technology
- Security Systems
- Healthcare Facility Design and Building Technology
- Quality Control Systems
- Medical Disposables Cardiology
- Commodities and Consumer Goods for Hospitals
- Health Facility Management
- Physiotherapy/Orthopaedic Technology
- Biomedical Technologies
- Imaging and Diagnostics
- Consulting Services in Healthcare
- Research and Development
- Personal Care Products
- Child Care Products
- Women Care Products
- Organic Products
- Fitness and Health Club Equipment
- Health Clubs and Spas
- Pharmaceutical Drugs
- Intermediates & Formulations
- Software for Pharma Industry & Management
- Medical Tourism Associations
- Trade Associations & Trade Promotion Bodies
- International Hospitals and Medical Centres
- Airlines and Travel Agents
- Medical Tour Operators
- Medical Centres
- Hotels and Health Resorts
- Wellness Centres
- Senior officials from Health Ministry & authorities
- Health & Medical Industry Professionals and Practitioners
- Hospital and Health Facility Owners, Managers and Directors
- Medical and Healthcare Manufacturers
- Suppliers, Wholesalers, Dealers and Distributors
- Health Consultant
FIEO is offering a built up booth of 9 sq mts at a concessional cost for Rs 1,72,000/- (Rs 1,15,000/- for 6sq.mt) .The cost for FIEO members is Rs 1,68,000 for 9sq mts ( Rs 1,12,000/- for 6sq.mt) , including white panel walls, fascia of company, carpeting, two spotlights, a 13-amp power socket, a table and two chairs.
The eligible participants will be entitled for MDA grant up to Rs 2, 00,000, as per the MDA guidelines, subject to final approval by the Ministry of Commerce. As we have limited booths under MDA, it will be given on first cum first served basis.
FIEO will issue recommendation letter to the participants and also help in getting Visa.
The participation charges are non-refundable.
It may be noted that as we have limited booths, the allotment will be on first-cum-first served basis. Interested members are requested to send their confirmation in the registration slip along with an advance of Rs. 40,000/- in favour of Federation of Indian Export Organistions payable at New Delhi at the earliest. The balance payment will be required to be made later. For more details or clarification please contact Mr Vinod Pal, Director (services) at firstname.lastname@example.org .