1 What is IEC?
IEC or Importer Exporter Code is a unique 10 -digit alpha numeric code issued on the basis of PAN of an entity.
2. Why is IEC required?
To import or export in India, IEC Code is mandatory. No person or entity shall make any Import or Export without IEC Code Number, unless specifically exempted.
3. Who can get IEC?
An individual or a company who wants to do international business can get an IEC. Individuals can use either the name of their company or their name directly to apply for IEC.
4. Who issues IEC?
IEC is issued in electronic form (e-IEC) by Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) which is under Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
5. What is the fee for IEC?
Application fee to get IEC is Rs. 500/-
6. What is the validity of IEC?
An IEC allotted to an applicant shall have permanent validity.
7. Is there any Application form for applying IEC?
Yes. Application has to filed in ANF 2A format for grant of IEC
8. Where I can find application for applying IEC?
·Go to www.dgft.gov.in/
·Go to Quick links select Apply for New IEC/ Modify existing IEC.
·Enter PAN and press search button.
·The system will prompt for the following: (a) Name of Company (b) Date of Birth/Incorporation (DOB/DOI)
·The system will verify your details from the CBDT PAN Web Server and then it will direct to DGFT- IEC application enabling you to file for fresh IEC application.
9. What are the documents required for filing an IEC?
The applicant is required to submit online application with the following details/documents (scanned copies to be submitted/uploaded) along with the IEC application:
- Cancelled cheque bearing entity’s pre-printed name or Bank certificate in prescribed format ANF-2A(I);
- Address proof of the applicant entity as detailed in the application.
In addition to these documents, different category of applicant is required few additional documents as per Trade Notice Click Here
10. What is the technical requirement for filing an IEC?